- Tom.bio ID Framework
- ID Visualisations
- Online maps and atlases
- Other visualisation
- ID Signpost
Short films from Tom.bio
Heard of various techniques such as kick sampling, sweep netting, pooting etc but not sure what equipment you need, where to get it, what you'll need to spend or how to carry out the sampling? Look no further - our series of short films is here to help!
Links to published films are listed below. If you have any suggestions about useful subjects to cover, please email Charlie.
We also have a series of films which help you use the free GIS programme QGIS for biological recording.
- QGIS Map Mashup Tool - 4 videos
- QGIS NBN Tool - 4 videos
- QGIS Biological Records Tool - 5 videos
- QGIS OSGR Tool - 2 videos
- QGIS Productivity Tools - 2 videos
- How to link geotagged photos to their locations on a map
- How to mask the area surrounding a polygon
- How to create and rotate a user defined grid
- How to create a coincidence map
We have worked with moth trap designer and author of 'How to Build Your Own Moth Trap' Paul Palmer to create a series of films which wil guide you through building your own moth trap. Find them here.
We have worked with freshwater biologist Ian Wallace to produce a series of films showing you what freshwater invertebrates actually look like in a sample tray! Our tips will help you use the way the creatures move and behave to inform identification, usually to group or family level. Find them here.